- You are under 18
- You get Keloid scars
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have been on Accutane within 1 year
- You have irritation of the skin of any kind such as blemishes, pimples, rash, psoriosis, eczema, rosacea, sunburn on the area of procedure.
- You are on Retin-A or Retinols. Be off 7 days before appointment and avoid 30 days after procedure.
- Diabetic (consult your doctor)
- Have HIV or Hepatitus or any other viral infections and/or diseases
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- You generally don’t heal well and develop infections easily
- If your old tattoo is too dark (please contact us to send a picture so we can see how faded your old tattoo is)
- Dry skin type with tiny pores. Skin that’s thin but not super thin. This type of skin is usually not very sensitive with non-translucent fair ivory skin tone and doesn’t bleed easily.
- Normal to combination skin-type with small pores can be abit oily to dry and sensitive or not sensitive. This type of skin is usually non-translucent and can range from light to dark skin tones, young or mature skin and doesn’t bleed easily.
- Normal to Oily skin with medium pores. Skin that is thicker and abit oily. This type of skin is usually non-translucent and can range from light to dark skin tones, young or mature skin and doesn’t bleed easily.
Microblading will NOT WORK WELL for these types of skin:
- Thick oily skin with large pores, tends to bleed easily. The skin texture and constant production of oil will cause the hairstrokes to heal with a thicker diffused, softer look. I can work on this type of skin; however, you must be aware that your end result will look more powdered and blended than you would expect.
- Super-thin, soft, hypersensitive, skin with barely any upper skin layer. Usually translucent and pale with invisible pores and can have rosacea or dermatitis. This type of skin bleeds VERY easily, has a harder time healing, Pigment can appear more ashy, blurred and patchy.
If you have an old tattoo that is still quite dark, the strokes will blend right into the old tattoo and results will not look as crisp as going over blank skin (**see ” Can we cover up or remove my old tattoo done by another artist?”).
If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
If you are iron deficient or Anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
If you generally have problematic skin, bleed excessively, get infections easily, and do not heal well when cut or injured, you may want to reconsider having this procedure as the results are extremely depends on the healing process.
- Do NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE before the procedure (at least 24hrs for alcohol)
- Do NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such a Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 48-72 hrs prior to your procedure. Extra strength Tylenol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance.
- If you have recently tanned this will affect the outcome of the healed color.
- If you’ve had laser removal of previous work done by someone else, the treated area has now more scar tissue and can affect the outcome of the result. More treatments may be necessary to have the skin take the color.
- Avoid exercising the day of procedure as this will open up the pores.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- No waxing, threading or tinting 3 days before
The following treatments should avoided within four weeks of the procedure:
- Botox or other fillers
- Chemical Peels
- Laser treatments
For lips – 3 hours
For eyeliner – 2 hours
Tattoo removal – 2 hours
Day 1 (Day of treatment): 2-3 hours after treatment, gently clean the area with a very small amount of sterile water on a cotton pad, just barely damp, NOT wet. After that using a cotton swab, you need to apply a very small amount of After Inked lotion to brows (very small amount- the size of a grain of rice). This is just to add a small amount of moisture – brows should not appear greasy, glossy or shiny, if they do, you used too much. Do not use aggressive movement/manipulation of the skin- be gentle. Make sure your hands are clean before touching your brows.
Do this every 2-3 hours today to avoid build-up of blood/lymph on the area.
Day 2 – until peeling: When you wake up, gently wipe the area with a small amount of sterile water on a cotton pad. Be extra careful not to rub the brows hard, tug or scrub the brows. Apply lotion after that.
Repeat it every 4-5 hours and right before going to sleep to avoid any build-up of blood/lymph.
Before showering apply a layer of After Inked to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the showerhead. Remove After Inked gently after the shower.
During the peeling: You do not need to clean eyebrows with sterile water; however, continue applying lotion.
Please NOTE: Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days after procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
The following must be avoided during all 14 days post-microblading and post-ombre procedure:
- Allowing any water to touch the brows! No shower stream over brows. Wash face CAREFULLY with a washcloth or cleansing wipes, avoid brow area.
- Practicing sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic Acid on the face or neck
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the brow area. You will cause scarring of the area or removal of the pigment if you pick or peel scabs prematurely.
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris – now is not the time!
- Spicy foods
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care with a cotton swab
- Do not use any cleansers or facial products of any kind, over the brow area for at least 10 days.
- Absolutely do not use any ointments, antibiotic creams or gels, or vitamin creams over the brow area –it will draw out the pigment.
Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post-microblading and post-ombre procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact us immediately, to discuss further instructions.
Contact a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: fever, redness at the site, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, elevated body temperature, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, and/or any green/yellow discharge that is foul in odor.
First three days after appointment:
– Avoid toothpaste on lips
– Drink from a straw
– Do not eat spicy, salty, hot or cold food, use fork and spoon
– No kissing
– Use older, darker pillow cases as this will stain
-No exercising for 24 hours
You also must avoid sweating in that area for at least 10 days. Salt draws out pigment and you will be left with undesirable results.
Chemicals found in makeup and cleansers may alter the color of the pigment and affect the healing process so it would be best to wash around it.
No makeup on the brows for at least two weeks but everywhere else is fine.
** PLEASE SEND A PHOTO OF YOUR OLD TATTOO PRIOR TO BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT!!! NOTE THAT YOUR OLD TATTOO MUST BE VERY FADED IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE DESIRED RESULTS!!! GOING OVER AN OLD TATTOO THAT IS STILL TOO DARK WILL GIVE YOU DISAPPOINTING RESULTS, so it is best to remove the old tattoo first, before getting microblading done!!!
If we are covering up an old tattoo previously done by another artist, please come with realistic expectations of what is possible to achieve. If the former tattoo is extremely uneven or dramatic in shape, we may not be able to achieve your exact desired shape or symmetry. Any hairstrokes done within the old tattoo may blend in and will not be as crisp, giving an appearance of unevenness in color and the old tattoo will still show through the new hairstrokes. If there is a build up of scar tissue, the strokes may not hold as well in those areas. Specifications on an exact color after healed is not guaranteed.
If you want to correct the color of your old tattoo (that has faded to red/orange/blue/gray) so it doesn’t end up showing between the hairstrokes, color correcting can be an option by shading in the area with a color correcting pigment done by machine. This must be done at least 6 weeks prior to an Eyebrow Feathering appointment. Hairstrokes will still not be as crisp with color correcting. Please keep in mind that the pigment we use are semi permanent and do fade over time which means that the color of your old tattoo will still be there as my pigment fades. You will need touch ups to maintain a neutralized color
For optimum results with Microblading, you may also opt to remove your old tattoo . This option may require several sessions (done before your microblading procedure at least 4 weeks apart) for desired results. It works by implanting a special saline solution to lift out the old pigment. The healing process will be the same as the tattoo treatment. Although great results are achievable in most cases, every case is circumstantial and there is no guarantee for how many sessions it will take to achieve desired results, or that the old tattoo will completely go away.
All options will be discussed during the consultation, and tattooing will not start until the final design is agreed upon.
Please contact to send a picture of your old tattoo prior to booking an appointment for cover up, color correcting, and removal treatments to eliminate the risk of losing your deposit due to not being able to work over the old tattoo.
Yes! The owner of studio, Natalia, occasionally travel and offer services in other cities. Please note that prices may increase or vary for travel dates.
Please take into consideration that travelling does not guarantee your second appointment in the same city from your initial appointment and the initial price will be reflected upon this. If you wish to receive your touch-up appointments from her, you may need to arrange to come to our studio located in West Hollywood, California or you can stay updated on future travel dates to the same city on our Instagram account. We will be sure to email any previous clients to book touch-ups when coming back to your area.
One session will make a big difference by giving you a more natural look and provide a perfect guideline to help you fill in with makeup when needed. With this guideline, filling in with makeup or shaping them by tweezing will be super quick and easy from then on. Our clients usually get great retention, and a large percentage of them don’t come back for the touch-up to keep a more natural look. Please check out our Instgram account for all pics of healed work after one session to see if you would benefit from one session results.
Check out the section “Will Microblading work well for me?” in FAQ to see if your skin would be a good candidate for this treatment.
**Please read the policies section about deposits for out of town guest spots.
The first appointment is about structure, design, and building hairstrokes. The touch-up is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making any necessary adjustments to achieve better symmetry, definition, or volume.
In most cases, only a minor touch up is necessary to fill in any sparse areas for a very natural look and some do choose to skip the touch-up appointment to keep the look more natural.
If you are opting for a fuller more defined look, then the touch up is recommended to achieve desired result.
Some may need a 3rd session to complete the process. Especially if you have little to no hair to begin with, have scar tissue, oily skin type, or we are trying to cover up an old tattoo.
- All needles and hand tools are single-use, come in a sterilized package, and disposed of after each client.
- Implements such as gauze, cotton swabs, etc. are single-use and disposed of after each client.
- Gloves and mask are worn at all times during the procedure and disposed of after each client.
- All stations are thoroughly disinfected with CaviWipes after each client